Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Book #6: The Realm of Possibility

by David Levithan. This book was written in free verse, so at first glance it looks like a book of poems. But free verse enabled the author to capture the beauty and individuality of the 20 young people he writes as, and the book was gorgeous. It was such a breath of fresh air from the normal restraints of chapter-formatted fiction, and I loved it. I got the book at the Sonoma County Free Bookmobile, after I went with my church youth group to visit and donate loads of books. The cover was so pretty (turquoise and orange) that I couldn't resist.  Such fun we had! Here's a link to their website : http://sonomacountybookmobile.org/. They're a great organization, and they give away books to people all over Sonoma County who can't make it to the library.

No comments:

Post a Comment